Saturday, March 15, 2008

Six Months Home


When Kai came home in September, he was such a tiny peanut. My bio kids were 20 pounds by the time they were six months old, so the first time I held this precious bundle in my arms, I was amazed at how tiny an 11 month old baby could be. He was a whoping 15 pounds. He has grown and changed so much in 6 months. He is now 17 months old, and weighs 21 1/2 pounds. He is walking everywhere, and tries to repeat everything the kids say. He also loves to tickle people. He says "tito, tito". When I walked out of his room last week after laying him down for bed he said, "I wub you!". He melts my heart on a daily basis. He loves anything that has to do with a ball. He especially lights up when he sees a basketball. He loves to be chased around the house, and he giggles the whole time he is trying to get away. What an incredible blessing he has been to our family.

Ellie has a smile that could light up any room. She also has an infectious laugh. She loves to be held. I had a fear prior to the kids coming home that they might not want to be touched by us. When we pick her up she wraps her arms and legs around us as tight as she can. Yeah!!! She is a petite little thing that has grown taller in the last six months, but has only gained 1 1/2 pounds. She loves to play with her siblings.

She loves to have her hair done. The extensions you see in the picture took me 10 hours to complete. She sat so still, and repeatly commented on how pretty she was.

It has been difficult to watch Ellie grieve her former life in Liberia. She has done really well adjusting to her new family. I can't fathom how hard the first 4 1/2 years of her little life have been. Nothing has been realible in her life. I hope she can one day feel secure in the fact that our family is forever. I can't say it has been a smooth road, but we are progressing everyday. I feel so blessed to be able to call her my daughter. I pray that as her parents we are able to provide exactly what she needs to grow into a confident, Jesus loving woman who loves life.

3 comments:

Pajama Mama said...

Megan, I clicked over to your blog from Lysa T's. Your babies are all absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Your family's journey is amazing...

Jeannie Pace

Brandi said...

I'm so glad you have a blog that I can comment on now!!

Yeah!

Brandi

Unknown said...

Hi there! I'm glad you are all healthy and happy! I really enjoyed reading your blog. Thank you for sharing your story. So, my family has been thinking about adoption quite a bit lately. It's crazy to read your first post about all of the "signs." Somehow, the Minnesotan mother that I am, found another Minnesotan that I may be able to get advice from. Do you know of any good resources to start the process with? I'm sure I have many of the same questions you had when you started the process. Maybe you could point me in the right direction? Thanks for your help! Anna